The Health Information Management (HIM) department maintains all medical records. The HIM department is available from 8:00a.m.- 4:30p.m.Monday – Friday, excluding holidays.
To obtain a copy of your medical records:
- Complete the Authorization for Release of Health Information form, clearly stating the dates of service, the specific type of record(s) being requested and all other information indicated on the form.
- This form may be obtained in the HIM department or you may request the form to be mailed or faxed to you.
- Mail, fax or drop off your completed from to HIM (address & fax number below).
- Since forms must contain original signature, emailed forms are not accepted.
- Please allow up to 30 days for requests to be processed. The average processing time is 14 business days, or less.
- Incomplete requests cannot be processed and will be returned for completion.
- If you wish to have your records mailed to your physician prior to an appointment date, please indicate the appointment date on the request.
- If you are picking up a copy of your record, a photo ID will be required. Only the patient/requestor may pick up a copy of the record unless stated in the authorization.
- The authorization must be signed by the patient or the patient’s legal representative. Legal guardian or person with durable power of attorney documentation is required.
HIM reserves the right to contact the patient/requestor to validate the authorization prior to releasing the records.
Mail forms to:
Wayne County Hospital
Health Information Management Director
417 S. East Street
Corydon, IA 50060
Fax forms to:
If you need additional information please contact the Health Information Department at 641-872-2260.