What is the Auxiliary?
Founded on a tradition of giving the Wayne County Hospital Auxiliary is a non-profit service organization whose mission is to work in conjunction with the Wayne County Hospital by volunteering to promote the health of our community.
This volunteer organization augments the programs and services of Wayne County Hospital by hosting numerous fundraising activities throughout the year, presenting monetary gifts to the hospital to aid in the purchase of new equipment and provide continued educational training opportunities for staff. Their contributions are far reaching and provide valuable benefits for the patients, families and employees of Wayne County Hospital.
This team of volunteers contributes greatly to the high level of care that Wayne County Hospital has successfully provided for over half a century.
Special Events & Programs Sponsored by the Auxiliary
- New in Fall of 2016 Chuckwagon Celebration in lieu of Fall Bazaar
- Scholarships for students majoring in the health care field
- Annual Fall Bazaar & Raffle Fundraiser
- Jewelry Sales : Masquerade $5 and Lionne
- Blood Drives
- WCH Calendar Sales
- Member Salad Luncheons held in January & June with speakers presenting such topics as Alzheimer’s, the Iowa Beef Council, 911 Emergency Response Team, and others
- Hosting Open Houses for newly dedicated facilities
- Auxiliary Gift Shop located in the Main Lobby of the hospital
Gift Shop Manager
The Auxiliary welcomes new members and encourages interested individuals to join. Dues are $10.00 for two years. The Auxiliary President may be reached through the hospital at 641-872-2260.
Held every 3rd Monday, 1:30p.m. in the Wayne County Hospital Private Dining Room located by the Cafeteria. There is no meeting held in July or December.