- Whereas Keith A. Garber, M.D. and his family have been integral to the Southern Iowa Region for more than four decades;
- Whereas Keith A. Garber, M.D. recognized the need for advancing medical services in Wayne County and established the Corydon Medical Clinic in 1961;
- Whereas Keith A. Garber, M.D. compassionately cared for multiple generations of patients and their families throughout Southern Iowa over the years;
- Whereas Keith A. Garber, M.D. served Wayne County and the surrounding area tirelessly for over 46 years including periods as the sole medical provider in the area;
- Whereas Keith A. Garber, M.D. provided consistent leadership to the Wayne County Medical Staff and served in every Officer role in the organization;
- Whereas Keith A. Garber, M.D. provided leadership to the Iowa Medical Community through his associations with professional organizations;
- Whereas Keith A. Garber, M.D. provided leadership and mentoring to countless Medical Professionals, Employees, Community Members over the years;
- Whereas, Keith A. Garber, M.D. with the love and support of his wife, Ann, performed his professional duties while simultaneously raising four children who embodied the values instilled by their parents that fostered their individual success.
In recognition of the aforementioned distinguished service and contributions of Keith A. Garber, M.D. to Wayne County Hospital, the Residents of the Southern Iowa, the Medical Community at large, and the betterment of our society in general, the Wayne County Hospital Board of Directors hereby and forever designate the Emergency Services area of the hospital to be the “Keith A. Garber, M.D. Emergency Services Department.” Let it be known that this honor is a permanent and befitting tribute to the legacy this exceptional individual and his family leave on this healthcare institution.
Gary Runyon, D.V.M. Brian D. Burnside, CEO
Chairman, Board of Directors