Wayne County Hospital has a full-time nights Patient Care Technologist position opening in our Med/Surg department. Responsibilities include performing or assisting patient with personal hygiene such as bathing, showering, perineal care, oral hygiene, back rubs, shaving, hair care, dressing/undressing, making beds, feeding, sensory devices; assisting patients with bedpans, urinal, etc.; empties urinary catheter bags; performs catheter care; empties colostomy bags; changes ostomy bags; observes and maintains urinary drainage systems; transfers patient to/from bed/wheelchair using correct equipment; transports patients; answers and responds to patient call lights, etc. Qualified candidate must maintain high attention to patient privacy and confidentiality. Please contact human resources for a complete job description.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion and certification of a Certified Nursing Assistant 2 course or attend the first available training course.
- BLS certification or must obtain within 30 days of hire
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as well as the physical, emotional, and psycho-social needs of the patient population served.
- Work requires the interpersonal skills necessary to comfort patients, their families and/or significant others; and to communicate effectively with co-workers and physicians
- Work requires the analytical ability necessary to prioritize own work load.
- Understands HIPAA regulations and privacy of patient information.
- Mandatory Reporting certified or within 90 days of hire.
- Punctuality and attendance is required.
Wayne County Hospital is an affiliate of MercyOne.
For more information contact:
Human Resources Generalist
Wayne County Hospital
417 S. East Street
Corydon, IA 50060
641-872-2260 Ext. 5307 Fax: 641-872-3116
Visit our website at www.waynecountyhospital.org for an employment application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
# # #