Wayne County Hospital has a fulltime opening for a maintenance worker. This is a day position – Monday through Friday from 7:00 to 3:30. Some overtime will be required. A rotating call schedule on weekdays and weekends is required.
Essential functions of job:
- Maintenance of boiler, RTU, equipment, building and grounds, medical gas, fire prevention, sprinkler system, etc.
- Responds to repair requisitions in a timely and appropriate manner
- Performs routine daily maintenance such as replacing light bulbs, troubleshooting phone or paging problems, moving desks and equipment, etc.
- Responds to emergency requests such as fire alarms, leaking water pipes, air temperature fluctuations, etc.
- Completes special tasks such as assembling furniture, light construction, remodeling projects, etc.
- Maintains records of daily inspections of boilers, emergency generator, and fuel levels
- Maintains new and well-kept exterior grounds – lawns are cut regularly, bushes and trees trimmed, planted areas are weeded, parking lot in good repair/striped annually, and snow removal
- Replaces air handler filters quarterly, greases pumps quarterly, and cleans compressor filters and coils regularly
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Electrical and mechanical skills, along with carpentry, painting, ceiling and floor covering, concrete work,etc.
- Previous experience with power, hand, and lawn tools required
- Experience with plumbing, boiler maintenance, electrical service, and telephone service preferred.
- Understands HIPAA regulations and privacy of patient information
- Mandatory reporting certified or certified within 90 days of hire.
Competitive salary and attractive benefit program available.
Applications are available at the main entrance of the hospital and on our website. Please contact Human Resources for more information:
Ali Allred, HR Generalist
Wayne County Hospital
417 S. East St.
Corydon, IA 50060
641-872-2260 Ext. 5307
Visit our website at www.waynecountyhospital.org for an employment application.
Wayne County Hospital is an affiliate of MercyOne.
An Equal Opportunity Employer